The Brand Officer will play a crucial role supporting the development and implementation of brand activity across the charity. Following a transformational re-brand in May 2023 this role will work closely with the Brand Manager on delivering award-winning brand campaigns, embedding the new brand across departments, and supporting growth across brand, fundraising & engagement.
Working with the Head of Brand, the Brand Manager and the wider Brand department, this role will put the Alzheimer’s Research UK brand at the heart of everything we do, developing the brand, enhancing our internal communications and engagement around the brand, and liaising with key contacts in Communications, Marketing, Fundraising, Digital, Research, Insight and Policy.
This is an exciting and critical time in the development of our new brand at Alzheimer’s Research UK. We are ambitious about what we can achieve for people with dementia, and this role will help us to become an even more powerful and loved brand.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Support the planning and delivery of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s key brand campaigns.
- Act as an internal brand consultant across the organisation, collaborating with teams to bring to life the brand in their products and channels.
- Support on the coordination of integrated campaign moments across the charity, ensuring a consistent look and feel, aligned messaging and maximised brand opportunities.
- Inspire and engage colleagues internally, delivering internal communications and training to ensure that the brand is alive, understood and actively developed.
- Work with our external agencies and suppliers including brand and media agencies.
- Work with teams across the charity to report on brand health metrics and the impact of brand campaign activity.
- Develop tools and resources for colleagues across the organisation to ensure that people are able to access brand assets and stay up-to-date with the brand.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a brand, marketing or communications role.
- Experience of brand or marketing communications campaigns with a good knowledge of the full marketing mix.
- Experience of working with external agencies, such as brand, creative and media.
- Experience of measuring and reporting of campaigns.
- Experience of developing communications content and copywriting.
- The ability to deliver multiple projects to meet specified deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Clear and concise communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of the range of media channels and platforms used for brand marketing.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £29,000 per annum, plus benefits.
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 26th November 2023, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 4th December 2023. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity. Our mission is to accelerate progress towards a cure. Today 1 in 2 people will be impacted by dementia, either through caring for a loved one, developing it themselves or tragically both. But there is hope.
There has never been a more important and exciting time in dementia research. With promising new drugs in clinical trials that slow the progression of the diseases that cause it, and revolutionary new ways to diagnose them on the horizon, we are now at a tipping point. Working with the smartest minds globally and across the UK, with industry and academia, Alzheimer’s Research UK is uniquely placed to invest in the very best research identifying barriers to a cure and knocking them down so that there are more and better treatments for everyone with dementia. For the first time in history, we can see a future where people with dementia can get a swift and accurate diagnosis, and effective treatments that could slow or even stop their disease. We stand for everyone affected by dementia. We stand for a cure.
In 2022, we were incredibly proud to be awarded a 3-star accreditation by Best Companies which recognises ‘World Class’ levels of workplace engagement and were also listed in the prestigious Best Companies lists:
• 48th in the 100 Best Large Companies to Work For in the UK.
• 19th in the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England.
• 3rd in the 50 Best Companies to Work For in the Charity Sector.
In addition, we were also shortlisted for a special award recognising the work undertaken on reducing our environmental impact.
In 2021, we were awarded the HR Management award by The Charity Times for our Wellbeing initiatives throughout the pandemic.
In 2020, we demonstrated our commitment to changing the way we think and act about mental health in the workplace and signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge.
ARUK really does look after its people, where you will be able to add value and make a difference.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.