This role will be a key part of the Chief Executive’s Office, helping the Senior Leadership Team to connect with every part of ARUK, driving our strategy, engaging employees and enabling ARUK and its leaders to succeed.
Specifically, it will act as the first point of contact for the Directors of ARUK, by working closely and effectively with them to ensure they are well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, scheduling of internal and external meetings and liaising with stakeholders as appropriate. The role also provides project-specific support to the Directors. The role reports into the Senior Executive Assistant and will also support the wider work of the Chief Executive’s Office on governance, strategy, planning and internal communications.
This is a fulltime, permanent role; however, we are able to consider this role part time, with a minimum of 4 days per week with flexibility around the hours worked per day.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the diaries of Directors of ARUK, scheduling meetings with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Additional responsibilities, include arranging and attending meetings, taking and issuing minutes, drafting agendas, collating and distributing papers as appropriate, locating suitable meeting venues, room reservations and refreshments.
- Filter general information, queries, telephone calls, emails, and invitations by redirecting to a more appropriate point of contact.
- Ensure travel arrangements, including international travel, are managed effectively and within budget, including booking travel and accommodation, producing a detailed travel itinerary, arranging currency and visa requirements.
- Complete expenses, ensuring receipts are obtained and expenses are claimed in accordance with the relevant policy.
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Executive and other Directors as required.
- Project support with Operational Planning and budgeting process, Stakeholder Engagement programme and other programmes agreed by Directors.
- Work with the Senior Executive Assistant and the Senior Governance Manager to deliver ARUK’s governance arrangements, including preparing and compiling documents and presentations for trustees and supporting on meetings as required.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in a busy PA/administrative role
- Diary management
- Ability to take minutes
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment/initiative in a variety of situations.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills; Outlook Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to juggle competing priorities and co-ordinate workloads
- Good communicator – able to build rapport and demonstrate influencing, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Receptive to feedback and demonstrates flexibility, curiosity, and an ability to learn.
- Ability to build relationships, strong team player.
- Strong ethical standards and a high level of personal integrity.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 10th July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 18th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.