Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for a driven individual who is eager to join a hard-working and ambitious Direct Marketing team. As the UK’s leading dementia research charity, we’re proud that the Direct Marketing team is continuing to produce highly successful campaigns, driving income and acquiring the most engaged new supporters.
The role of the Direct Marketing Assistant is a varied one. Working with different teams & suppliers, you’ll be supporting and delivering direct marketing campaigns online, offline and across a range of media channels. The acquisition programme is an evolving one and there is change and growth happening in a lot of interesting areas.
Fundraising experience is not essential for the role, but we are looking for someone with the drive and passion to change the future for those affected by dementia. The successful candidate will be able to show this, be enthusiastic, want to learn and develop, and be keen to get involved with the activities of the team right away.
You’ll be part of a team that works across a number of channels; speaking to a range of audiences with one theme in common – attracting people to support our work and bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Support with planning and delivery of a wide range of fundraising campaigns
- Support the day-to-day management of fundraising agencies and suppliers, ensuring relationships are effective and productive
- Assisting the team in the development and delivery of motivating fundraiser training
- Working with others in the team to conduct mystery shopping, shadowing and call listening to measure fundraising quality and ensure compliance
- Development of compelling communications, materials and digital content to support fundraising activity
- Liaison with and management of designers, printers, mailing houses, agencies and fulfilment houses
- Proofreading direct marketing materials and collateral
- Regular campaign tracking and reporting
- Administer the recording, reconciliation and processing of invoices to be paid from the acquisition Direct Marketing nominal codes.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to A level or equivalent experience in relevant role
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and the confidence to communicate with people at all levels
- Strong team worker and self-motivator
- Contribute to team meetings and events
- Experience of using Microsoft packages; particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proof reading
- Administrative experience.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Direct Marketing Executive – Acquisition. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Direct Marketing Executive – Acquisition.
The closing date for applications is 17th November 2019, with interviews to be held on the 27th November 2019. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.