Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
By working at Alzheimer’s Research UK, you will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2020, we were listed 39th in the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England.
We are looking for a driven marketing professional with the passion to change the future for those affected by dementia. The role of Direct Marketing Manager is a varied one, where you will be part of a team with one theme in common – engaging people with our work to bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment.
Throughout this role you will be required to working with different teams & suppliers, planning, leading, and delivering direct marketing activity online, offline and across a range of other channels. The programme is always evolving, with change and growth happening in a lot of interesting areas.
This position is a 12-Month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment, or on return of the substantive postholder, to cover a period of maternity leave.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Lead a successful team of three
- Have an excellent eye for quality and compliance
- Deliver an excellent supporter experience
- Run detailed, varied plans and budgets
- Deliver the donor engagement programme and strategy
- Delivering exceptional fundraising campaigns to achieve ambitious targets
- Drive the future success of the programme and charity.
What we are looking for:
- Previous management experience
- Budget management experience, preferably across expenditure and income
- Campaign management, specifically direct marketing campaigns
- Agency management, including creative agencies and other suppliers such as printers and market researchers
- Ability to understand complex data sets and compile meaningful reports and analysis
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Getting the best out of people and agencies
- Understanding of compliance in direct marketing
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £38,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 21st June 2020, with interviews likely to be held on the 1st July 2020. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. When applying, please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.