Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
The Events team sits within the wider Insight and Development team whose purpose is to maximise Alzheimer’s Research UK’s income by driving collaborative, efficient and sustainable ways of working. This team of experts works alongside the whole organisation and is fundamental to the delivery of our ambition.
The Events Officer will work closely with the Events Manager in the development and delivery of a first-class events programme for Alzheimer’s Research UK, ensuring a consistent, professional, and highly engaging supporter experience. This role involves management of some events, including Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Clinical Conference working alongside the Policy and Public Affairs team, as well as supporting other teams across the fundraising team on their events scoping, planning and delivery. The role will involve working on some online events and working with the Events Manager and rest of team on the return to in-person events when it is safe to do so.
Main tasks of role:
- Responsible for the development, management and delivery of events within the Events Calendar, including the Clinical Conference, dinners, receptions, talks and other events as required
- Work alongside the Events Executive to ensure the Events inbox is utilised and RSVPs are responded to in a timely manner
- End to end project management of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Clinical Conference ensuring deliverables are met
- Attend events; when safe to return to in-person events, this is likely to include some travel and work outside of ordinary working hours
- Responsible for team use of the database, both Raiser’s Edge and Events Air, by monitoring and reporting on events activity
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Events Manager in line with the responsibilities of the post
What we are looking for:
- Qualified to A-level or equivalent
- Excellent project management skills
- Confident working with computers, extensive knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; with a natural ability to articulate ideas, problems and solutions
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with different stakeholders and significant stakeholder management experience
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Co-ordinating projects or events, particularly large-scale events of 200+
- Delivering activity against and monitoring a budget
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 9 May 2021, however we would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel.
Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend on a particular date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.