Our supporters are the heart of what we do at Alzheimer’s Research UK and the Fundraising Assistant role offers a unique opportunity to work with these fantastic fundraisers on a daily basis. From head shaves to skydives, business dress-down days to marathons, you will provide excellent stewardship and develop solid and long-lasting relationships with these individuals, groups and companies based across the UK. You will provide our supporters with a first-class fundraising experience, giving them the tools, knowledge and materials they need to raise money to make breakthroughs possible.
We are currently recruiting a Fundraising Assistant to join our high-performing Central Fundraising Team. You will support our Supporter Led Fundraising team and work closely with the Senior Supporter Engagement Officer and Senior Regional Fundraising Manager to provide vital support and drive the continued growth of the charity’s income.
In this role, you will be the face of our friendly and passionate Central Fundraising Team. You will have the opportunity to support in creating and launching exciting new fundraising products, attend a wide variety of events and add your voice by reviewing current processes which will benefit our fundraisers.
You will work closely with our network of 12 home-based Regional Fundraising Officers as well as our Sporting Events and Corporate Teams. You will be the first point of contact for the majority of our supporters and will offer first-class stewardship to ensure our fundraisers feel well-supported before, during and after their amazing adventures.
You will provide crucial administrative support to the RFOs and all teams in Supporter Led Fundraising (Sporting Events, Corporate, and Marketing and Engagement). Support will include adding accurate details to our database, tracking and monitoring income, responsibility for online donation platforms and virtual fundraising as well as general administrative duties in the office.
Main tasks of the role:
- Be the positive, passionate face and first point of contact for the Supporter Led Fundraising team.
- Build first-class and long-term relationships through telephone calls and emails with our supporters to ensure they have the best fundraising experience at Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Provide central stewardship support to a remote-based team of Regional Fundraising Officers to ensure effective delivery of the Supporter Led Fundraising strategy and budget.
- Provide administrative support for the whole of the Supporter Led Fundraising team, primarily to the home-based Regional Fundraising Officers.
- Support the Sporting Events Team with recruitment and stewardship of events.
- Work with our Corporate Teams to effectively steward our partner companies.
- Ensure consistent cross-working to identify potential opportunities in current and prospective supporters for long lasting relationships across all teams.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for wanting to deliver the best, first-class stewardship journey for our incredible supporters.
- Confidence in making telephone calls to new and warm individuals.
- A professional and hard-working team player with a positive and collaborative work ethic.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands on your time and prioritise appropriately.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Fundraising Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Fundraising Assistant.
The closing date for applications is 3 October 2021, with interviews likely to be held on 7 October 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.