We are looking for a driven, innovative and experienced digital professional to lead our new multi-disciplinary Digital Dept. The team has been established to harness the potential of digital communications in delivering against the charity’s growth, engagement, research and organisational excellence objectives.
The Head of Digital spearheads ARUK’s expertise in, and application of, all digital channels. They will have sector-leading knowledge of consumers’ digital expectations, and a proven record in delivering against those needs. They will work across the organisation, setting a vision and proactively making the case for digital communication and campaigns, working collaboratively with their peers to deliver for our supporters and other important stakeholders.
With their technical understanding, they will also play an important role in digitally upskilling the entire organisation, moving ARUK towards a model of central digital leadership with devolved team-level expertise.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
By working at Alzheimer’s Research UK, you will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2020, we were listed 39th in the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping to establish the newly independent Digital Department at ARUK, supporting positive team development, relationship building, growth and goal setting.
- Working collaboratively within the Dept and beyond to assess ARUK’s digital capabilities and setting a new digital vision for the charity - developing and delivering the strategies to achieve it.
- Devising, implementing and monitoring annual Operational Plans for the Digital Department, working with peers and the Director of Communications, Engagement and Brand.
- Budgetary responsibility for the Digital Department.
- Work alongside the Head of IT and Head of Data and CRM, to lead our cross functional technology and systems working group, driving continuous improvements in how our audience experiences and interacts with ARUK
- Horizon scanning, identifying best practice and trend insights from the sector and beyond to allow ARUK to innovate, and to drive any opportunities within the organisation.
- Developing a comprehensive overview of end-to-end supporter journeys and how digital can enable effective stewardship, cross-sell and deliver an experience for supporters that meets high expectations.
- Acting as Digital Ambassador on key cross organisational projects, and leading cross-org working groups as appropriate.
- Analysing appropriate performance data to draw insights that inform our work.
- Developing cases for digital change and investment that demonstrate clear ROI and key indicators of digital performance
- Supporting ARUK’s leadership in understanding and championing digital transformation
What we are looking for:
- A strong leader, with experience of establishing new teams and functions.
- A passionate advocate for digital communications, and an ability to inspire those around them.
- A collaborative personality, and a relationship builder.
- Excellent understanding of best practice in digital communications, and sound technical experience.
- Experience of business and strategic planning and budgeting.
- A keen analytical eye, and a willingness to challenge and improve.
- Someone with an eye on the future. Alzheimer’s Research UK embraces innovation and is open to new ideas and ways of working.
- Experience of working with senior leadership and maintaining high level agency and stakeholder relationships.
- Willingness and ability to travel independently in the UK and to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
- A confident and friendly manner; would feel at ease representing the charity to a range of audiences.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £65,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 31 January 2021, with interviews likely to be held on the 10 or 11 February 2021. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on any of these dates.
To be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please review the vacancy information pack or visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.