There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join Alzheimer’s Research UK and its growing award-winning Corporate Fundraising team. We are the fastest growing medical research charity in the UK, tackling dementia, the world’s greatest medical challenge. Our mission is to help bring about the first life-changing treatment by 2025, with an ultimate vision to end the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia.
The Corporate Team at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) is enjoying an exciting phase of growth leading to a need to increase in business development resource.
We are looking for a proactive and driven individual to join the team who can create six figure partnerships with leading UK and International Corporates. You will have strong business development and relationship management skills coupled with experience of approaching and building strategic partnerships from scratch.
You will possess the ability to identify opportunities before converting them into high value partnerships generating the maximum amount of income for our Research.
You’ll have lots of support from a passionate and successful team – we have a strong culture of support, training, feedback, continuous improvement and celebration. We use our collective strengths to win partnerships and secure more funding for dementia research.
We are looking for someone with excellent sales skills homed in either a Charity or Corporate role.
Main tasks include:
- Identify and build strategic relationships to generate income from new corporate supporters
- Support the Corporate Partnerships Manager in the development and implementation of the corporate fundraising strategy for ARUK, to increase the team income.
- Represent the charity professionally in a high-level corporate context
- Adopting a focused and strategic approach to identifying, researching, and targeting prospective corporate partners
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of new business opportunities to include strategic partnerships, charity of the year partnerships, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by CPM/ Director of Fundraising in line with the responsibilities of the post.
What we are looking for:
- A Level or equivalent.
- Confidence working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels face to face and on the phone
- Ability to write professionally, with an ability to adapt communications for different audiences
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to articulate complex issues to supporters in a compelling manner
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to make financial asks
- Strong business development and relationship management skills, ideally from a charity background
- Evidence of delivering high quality and creative presentations and proposals to help target and engage potential partners
- Experience of conceptualising and building new strategic partnerships from scratch within a fundraising and/or corporate environment
- Experience of engaging and building relationships with key external stakeholders and decision makers to deliver positive outcomes
- Experience of securing new partners within a fundraising and/or corporate environment
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Corporate Partnerships Officer – New Business. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Corporate Partnerships Officer – New Business.
The closing date for applications is the 1st January 2020, with interviews likely to take place on the 14th January 2020. You may be called for a telephone interview in the interim.
We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.