Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
The role of Projects Officer sits within the Insight & Development team at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK). The purpose of the team is to maximise ARUK’s fundraised income, by driving collaborative, efficient and sustainable fundraising. This team of experts interacts with teams across the whole organisation and is fundamental to the delivery of our ambition to find a life-changing treatment by 2025.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role of Projects Officer is to support teams across the organisation in the coordination and completion of projects identified in the ARUK Operational Planning process, within budget, within scope and to agreed timings. In addition, the Projects Officer will provide support to the Project Manager.
This is an important role which requires someone who can work across multiple projects, often including parallel assignments and promoting successful cross-functional working.
This position is a 6-Month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment, with potential to be extended further, to cover a period of maternity leave.
Main tasks of role:
- Organising and running workshops/stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements and define project objectives.
- Responsibility for ensuring that project team roles and responsibilities are set out clearly for each project and key stakeholders are sure of the end-to-end project management process for each project.
- Ensuring proactive oversight of all key project tasks, ensuring that each team can meet their required deliverables within the timescale provided.
- Delivering appropriate project documentation.
- Supporting the Project Manager on other ongoing projects if or when required.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and confidence working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent Project Management Skills, or relevant transferable skills
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; with a natural ability to articulate ideas, problems and solutions
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with different stakeholders and significant stakeholder management experience
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Working on cross-functional projects using a variety of project management approaches
- You work well as part of a team but are proactive and can work independently.
- A confident and friendly manner; would feel at ease representing the charity to high-level external contacts.
- Creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to identify opportunities.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 31 October 2021, with interviews to be held on the 8 November 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.