We have a new full-time vacancy for an Officer to join the Prospect Development team (the team currently consists of one Manager, one Officer and one Executive). This role will focus on the identification of new prospects, improving our data integrity, the delivery of written information and providing insight into the fundraising pipeline with a focus on individuals, companies and grant-making trusts. The team takes a data driven approach to fundraising, ensuring that information is centrally logged and can be used in future to help us identify further high value opportunities.
This role sits within the wider Insight and Development function, the aim of which is to maximise Alzheimer’s Research UK’s fundraised income by driving collaborative, efficient and sustainable fundraising. This means that you will predominantly work with our Philanthropy and Corporate functions but will be positioned to work collaboratively across the whole organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Take a proactive and creative approach to identifying new prospects from ARUK’s database, networks and other sources.
- Be agile in responding to ad-hoc requests as required, ensuring we are equipped to act on new fundraising opportunities.
- Undertake detailed research into prospects in order to establish philanthropic capacity.
- Undertake detailed and thorough Due Diligence profiles as required.
- Undertake data mining activity and prospect verification work.
- Develop full and accurate research profiles on prospects and donors in order to increase our knowledge of potential donors and to increase the likelihood for a successful fundraising ask.
- Effectively manage and prioritise your busy and varied workload.
- Engage with the management of the fundraising pipeline and assist teams in managing portfolios to the best of their ability.
- Help fundraising colleagues to prioritise prospects.
- Assist with training other teams in basic research, prospect management and database use.
- Proactively build partnerships across the Fundraising Department and with other teams.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for cross team working to maximise income.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and seeking out learning opportunities.
- Constantly seek to make improvements to our operations and strive for best practice.
- Ensure useful, accurate and clear record keeping of prospects on the fundraising CRM to allow us to identify connections and build our networks.
- Be mindful of data protection law and confidentiality and keep abreast of changes.
- Store information appropriately, with sources and in a clear and retrievable format.
- Collaborate with the Data Services team to make improvements to data management and processes.
- Deputise in the absence of the Prospect Development Manager.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Prospect Development Manager in line with the responsibilities of the post.
What we are looking for:
- Research experience (ideally in a Prospect Development function, however candidates with other significant research experience might also be considered).
- Experience of working with fundraising CRMs.
- Understanding of Data Protection and confidentiality.
- Ability to work with independence, intelligence, drive and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Good planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Work well as part of a team, but proactive and can work independently.
- A confident and friendly manner.
- Creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to identify opportunities.
- Highly motivated and naturally inquisitive.
- Understanding and awareness of the bigger picture.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 17th July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 25th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.