Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible. Our mission is to help bring about the first life-changing treatment for dementia by 2025, with an ultimate vision to end the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia.
We are changing the way people think about dementia through award-winning campaigns #sharetheorange, #santaforgot, and revolutionising research with a world-leading strategy firmly focused on breakthroughs.
Our corporate partners choose Alzheimer’s Research UK because they recognise our pioneering spirit, creativity and our readiness to think and act differently. This approach typifies all of our teams, and our growing Regional Corporate Partnerships Team is no exception, having an unrivalled opportunity to bring the power of influential corporate partners to bear on our greatest medical challenge. We have worked with awesome brands like Google, Dyson and The Perfume Shop to name a few.
We are looking for a Regional Corporate Partnerships Officer to join the Account Management team and be responsible for managing partnerships with leading UK and international corporates.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Work with corporate partners to develop, encourage and support fundraising ideas and events
- Effective monitoring of corporate fundraising activity
- Work with the Regional Corporate Partnerships Manager to develop and implement corporate fundraising strategies for ARUK
- Represent the charity externally in a professional manner, including presenting to large audiences.
- Support pitches and applications to prospective businesses.
What we are looking for:
- A-level or equivalent.
- Understanding and appreciation of the different types of corporate partnerships and corporate motivations.
- Ability to work with independence, intelligence, drive and initiative.
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to network, negotiate and influence, including at high levels.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and confidence to present to corporate audiences.
- Good planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrable account management experience; transferable sales or marketing skills also relevant.
- Experience building and managing high-level relationships.
- Able to liaise directly with internal stakeholders to ensure effective reporting with partnerships when tracking charity income. This will be done via numerous databases and CRM systems.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge (flexibility to work from home) Frequent travel to London will be necessary.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 15th September 2019, with interviews to be held on the 25th and/or 27th September 2019. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on these dates.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.