Regional Fundraising Officer
We are looking for a confident and ambitious fundraiser to join our regional community team. The successful candidate will take ownership of fundraising activity in London with focus on Community Fundraising in the East of London, including postcodes E, SE, IG, RM, BR, and CR. This region is full of exciting fundraising events, now all we need is a dedicated fundraiser to seek out further opportunities to engage with and secure income from individuals, groups and corporates across East London.
Regional Fundraising Officer Responsibilities:
- Use own initiative to extend volunteer networks, recruit new volunteers, develop new groups and supporters, and respond to fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and apply for ‘Charity of the Year’ partnerships with corporates in the region, account manage these relationships up to a value of £11,000 per annum and support with partnerships with a value of up to £75,000.
- Provide high-quality account / relationship management to volunteer groups and regional corporate partners.
- Support existing volunteer fundraisers to encourage continued loyalty to the charity and to maximise funds raised, in accordance with fundraising legislation and good practice.
Regional Fundraising Officer Requirements:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and legal framework of event management and fundraising ethics.
- Knowledge of recruiting key volunteers and fundraising supporters.
- Understanding and practice of recruiting and supporting volunteer Fundraising Groups.
- Proven ability of providing excellent stewardship of our supporters.
- Experience in partnership fundraising and / or relationship building.
- Experience in public-speaking, such as giving presentations and talking at events.
- Experience in regional corporate acquisition and account management.
Should we wish to speak with you prior to the interview telephone interviews will be conducted via Skype on the 6th February 2020. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend interviews on any of the outlined dates.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
About Alzheimer's Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
Location: Home based in London or Greater London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.50 hours per week
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits, car allowance and associated expenses (if applicable).
Benefits: Flexible Working, Holiday Entitlement (25 days annual leave plus Statutory Public Holidays), Loyalty Days (For every 3, 6 and 9 years worked, employees will receive 1 additional day’s leave), Sick Pay, Free Parking, Refreshments, Learning & Development, Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and many more.
The closing date for applications is the 18th February 2020. Interviews will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. We may wish to conduct Skype interviews prior, this will also be done based on availability. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend interviews on a certain date.
You may have experience of the following: Regional Fundraiser, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Manager, Charity, Charities, Community Fundraiser, Third Sector, Events Fundraiser, Fundraising, Not for Profit, Fundraiser, Community Development, Volunteer, Fund Raising, etc.