Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
We are looking for a confident and ambitious fundraiser to join our regional community team. The successful candidate will take ownership of fundraising activity across Yorkshire and the North East. This region is full of exciting fundraising events, now all we need is a dedicated fundraiser to seek out further opportunities to engage with and secure income from individuals, groups and corporates across the region.
This post is a full time 6 month fixed term contract, to cover a period of sickness absence.
Main tasks include:
- Use own initiative to extend volunteer networks, recruit new volunteers, develop new groups and supporters, and respond to fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and apply for ‘Charity of the Year’ partnerships with corporates in the region, account manage these relationships up to a value of £16,000 per annum and support with partnerships with a value of up to £100,000
- Provide high-quality account/relationship management to volunteer groups and regional corporate partners.
- Support existing volunteer fundraisers to encourage continued loyalty to the charity and to maximise funds raised, in accordance with fundraising legislation and good practice.
- Ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally by supporting and facilitating the development of groups and volunteers across the region.
- Liaise with local community organisations to extend income and activity in line with strategy.
- Provide face-to-face talks and presentations to community organisations.
- Arrange appropriate volunteer representation at events in the community, spreading the charity’s reach cost-effectively.
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and legal framework of event management and fundraising ethics.
- Knowledge of recruiting key volunteers and fundraising supporters
- Excellent customer service, communication, verbal and written skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Understanding and practice of recruiting and supporting volunteer Fundraising Groups
- Proven ability of providing excellent stewardship of our supporters
- Experience in partnership fundraising and/or relationship building
- Experience in public-speaking, such as giving presentations and talking at events
- Experience in regional corporate acquisition and account management.
- Experience in working to ambitious targets.
- Comfortability in working remotely with a high standard of internal communications.
Location: Home based within Yorkshire or the North East.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits, car allowance and associated expenses (if applicable).
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as interviews and the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Interviews will be held in the local area. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.