Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious team player with supporter care/customer service experience to develop their career as part of the UK’s leading dementia research charity. Working closely with the Supporter Care Manager and other team Officers, you will work in a supervisory capacity to the rest of the team line managing 3 Supporter Care Executives and ensure that the charity’s supporters receive an excellent standard of service.
This is a fixed term role for a period of 12-months, or on the return of the post holder, to cover a period of Maternity leave.
Main tasks of role:
- Act as the first point of contact for the resolution of complex queries and complaints.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day work of the Supporter Care team, including managing turnaround times.
- Assist the Supporter Care Manager with projects involving Supporter Care and be the team representative on some cross functional projects.
- Deputise for the Supporter Care Manager, assuming responsibility for the team in their absence.
- Recognise fundraising, engagement and retention opportunities when talking to supporters.
- Respond to queries received by phone, email and post and assist the team in doing the same.
- Process donations, standing order payments and gift cancellations, acknowledging supporters and sending out materials as appropriate.
- Ensure there is always enough telephone cover in place, arranging lunch breaks, meetings and assisting with any voicemail arrangements.
- Compile routine reports including all feedback received by the charity.
- Assist the Supporter Care Manager with monitoring performance of external suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- GCSE in Maths and English, or equivalent
- Confidence working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
- Experience of working in an office based, customer facing role (within the charity sector would be advantageous).
- Experience of handling complaints and queries.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with an exceptional telephone manner.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Professional and hard-working team player.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and able to remain calm under pressure.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 7th February 2021 with interviews to be held on the 15th February 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role, vacancy pack and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.