Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
By working at Alzheimer’s Research UK, you will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2020, we were listed 39th in the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working within a busy Digital department during a time of exciting growth and investment. Reporting into a Senior Social Media Officer, you will gain hands on experience across the breadth and depth of organic social media, supporting internal teams in reaching and engaging with Alzheimer’s Research UK’s supporters and audiences. We are a friendly team, looking for a positive and ambitious person to join us.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Contribute to generating, editing, publishing, and sharing content that builds meaningful connections with our audience, communicates our key messages, and encourages people to get involved with our cause.
- Assist the management of content, keeping the team’s output calendar up to date, scheduling content in our social media management tool and importing assets to platforms.
- Support in the continued growth of our social media channels and audiences
- Review and report on key metrics using a social media management tool, helping to review performance and advise on future content and approaches to ensure team targets are met.
- Monitor interactions across ARUK’s key social media challenges, proactively engaging with supporters to ensure positive experience.
- Identify sharable third-party content which aligns with ARUK’s brand messaging.
- Assist with the creation of digital assets, such as videos and images, including engaging graphics to bring our brand and campaign messaging to life.
- Support teams across the organisation with their social media output; advising on best practice, sharing new content for their output, and assisting with monitoring of paid-for social posts.
- Monitor the latest social media trends, technologies, and successes to enable ARUK to maximise the value of its presence on all platforms.
- Be a confident and proficient communicator, able to develop an appropriate style to speak to our various audiences, including around complex or sensitive issues. Able to communicate sensitively on several issues in a timely manner.
What we are looking for:
- An approachable, enthusiastic, collaborative and can-do manner
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent level of experience
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience of using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and LinkedIn management tools.
- Experience of community management on social media.
- Experience using a social media management tool
- An approachable, enthusiastic, collaborative and can- do manner
- A creative and innovative approach.
- An enthusiasm for demonstrating the potential of social media.
- Ideas-driven, can-do attitude.
- Strong ethical standards and a high level of personal integrity.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 7 November 2021, with interviews likely to be held w/c 15 November 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. When applying, please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
To be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please review the vacancy information pack or visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.