Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is looking for a social media expert to play an important role in delivering the charity’s social media strategy. This role will lead on planning, producing and delivering regular, high-quality, creative content, ensuring followers receive an engaging and memorable experience when interacting with us.
This creative role offers a successful candidate the opportunity to help shape Alzheimer’s Research UK’s social media output and will be encouraged to be innovative and input into a wide range of exciting projects. Sitting within the Brand department, the Social Media Officer will be an integral part of a team working on challenging and rewarding projects, including award-winning brand campaigns which have a real impact on the overall success of the organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Proactively create and deliver regular, inspiring content that grabs attention, engages users and attracts new followers to our cause.
- Create a personalised and positive experience across our social channels to help foster an emotional connection with our supporters and build an active and responsive online community.
- Be a source of ideas and innovative approaches on how to use social to communicate stories from across a wide range of areas which are sometimes complex or sensitive.
- Regularly review performance, generating actionable reports which inform future activity and demonstrate impact to colleagues.
What we are looking for:
- Education to A-level or equivalent level of experience
- Experience of working in a social media, with focus on content planning and delivery and user engagement (including platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Have an expert understanding of social media, social platforms, techniques and trends
- Experienced at creating to a brand style / tone of voice.
- Excellent eye for exciting content opportunities
- Understanding of social media analytics and reporting
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability forward plan and work across many tasks to multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, gathering information and creating content collaboratively.
- Have a creative flair and the ability to adapt approach depending on requirements.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 15th March 2020, with interviews likely to be held on the 26th March 2020. However, we would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.