Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
Alzheimer’s Research UK’s (ARUK’s) Supporter-led Fundraising (SLF) team saw rapid expansion in the years before the pandemic, and now has big ambitions to continue that growth through creative, powerful marketing campaigns, improving supporters’ fundraising experience, developing exciting fundraising products, and driving income to power more world-class dementia research.
Working across our Sporting Events portfolio you will help with the on-boarding, stewardship and event delivery of some of our key third party and owned events, as well as our virtual events.
The role requires an enthusiastic individual to come in, hit the ground running and support us as and our supporters as mass participation events restart and the event calendar fills up.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, or on return of the substantive postholder, and is a Maternity Cover contract.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Provide excellent customer service to sporting event fundraisers, including answering queries, making calls to check-in and wish them luck and support them with their fundraising.
- Support on charity activation delivery and attendance at many of the UK’s leading mass participation events including London Marathon, Great North Run and Cambridge Half.
- Work with the rest of the team to support with on-boarding of event fundraisers onto event consoles and associated tasks.
- Monitor and engage with our various #TeamARUK Facebook groups for specific events.
- Be a pivotal player in the delivery of just under £3m income in the next year.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with customer service/care experience who is confident on the phone.
- Confidence working with computers, including Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
- An interest and understanding of sporting events.
- Previous fundraising experience not essential.
Location: Granta Park, Nr Cambridge with flexibility to work from home
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 6 June 2021, with interviews likely to be held on 10,11 or 15 June 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.