The Sporting Events Team at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) is responsible for securing income from individuals and groups fundraising through sporting events, and effectively account managing relationships to maximise income.
As Sporting Events Officer, you will play a significant part in contributing to a high-performing team working to recruit supporters to fundraise for Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) across a variety of UK sporting events such as the London Marathon, Ride London and the Great North Run as well as UK and overseas challenge events and bespoke virtual products. You will drive the continued growth of the charity’s sporting and challenge event fundraising income and account manage our third-party sporting and challenge events portfolio, with excellent organisation and planning skills.
Main tasks of the role:
- Support the Sporting Events Manager (SEM)/ Senior Sporting Events & Partnerships Manager (SSEPM) in delivering the Sporting Events strategy for ARUK to increase income within this stream
- Successful account management of third party event organisers and suppliers
- Collaborate within the charity to maximise fundraising opportunities, marketing, supporter engagement, and communication channels.
- Effective data management, including of the team’s budget and financial reporting.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing fundraising supporters to acknowledge support and increase long-term loyalty
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to A-level (or equivalent) or relevant experience in similar role
- Relationship Management experience
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Experience of fundraising in a sporting context (personal or professional)
- Experience of developing strategy and managing budgets
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience working in digital and with online communities
- Full driving license with access to own vehicle
- Willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
There is a possibility that the position will allow some homeworking.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Sporting Events Officer. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Sporting Events Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 11th August 2019, with interviews likely to be held on the 20th August 2019. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel.
Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a particular day taking into account the 20th August.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.