We are looking for someone who is outgoing and enthusiastic to join our Supporter Care team, who will carry out essential supporter engagement and administrative activities associated with marketing campaigns, donations, fundraising events and requests for materials. With previous experience of providing excellent customer service, you will have the ability and confidence to communicate with a variety of people, engaging with supporters by phone, email and in writing about a wide range of enquiries.
The Supporter Care team at Alzheimer’s Research UK is often the first point of contact in the charity for supporters, potential donors and members of the public. The Supporter Care Administrator works alongside five other team Executives handling supporter enquiries, processing donations, and thanking supporters to ensure an excellent standard of customer care and to generate the maximum amount of income for dementia research. This role This role reports to the Senior Supporter Care Officer (SSCO) and ensures that the team successfully deliver an efficient and a first-class supporter experience for the charity.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Answering inbound telephone calls; responding to a wide range of enquiries including marketing campaigns, donations, fundraising events and requests for materials.
- Managing email enquiries, either by responding or forwarding as necessary.
- Responding to written enquiries received in the post.
- Making outbound telephone calls in order to increase the value of, or to retain supporters; including thanking, obtaining Gift Aid declarations and reactivating lapsed donors.
- Recording feedback received by the charity and assisting in the resolution of complaints
- Champion high quality supporter care, ensuring that all supporters and members of the public have an excellent experience when contacting the charity.
Donation processing, database and general administration
- Processing donations from telephone calls and mailings, acknowledging supporters appropriately.
- In Memoriam giving; sending out materials, processing donations and sending appropriate acknowledgements to donors, Funeral Directors, and the Next of Kin.
- Regular giving; processing new Direct Debit instructions and Standing Order payments, amending and cancelling gifts as necessary.
- Processing and thanking donations relating to regional fundraising and sporting events.
- Ensuring the integrity of the database (currently Raiser’s Edge), by amending supporter details as necessary.
- Opening and batching incoming post
- Updating team procedures as required
- Archiving, scanning and filing documents
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Experience of handling queries and complaints.
- Confidence working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM databases.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Engaging and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Professional and hard-working team player.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and able to remain calm under pressure.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 17th July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 25th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
When applying for this role, it will be known as Supporter Care Executive.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.