Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
The Volunteer team at Alzheimer’s Research UK is responsible for embedding an organisational approach to volunteer engagement that enables supporters to contribute effectively towards the charity’s vision, mission and goals. The Volunteering Administrator plays a significant part in contributing to the success of the team to deliver key parts of the ‘volunteer journey’ - recruiting, selecting, inducting, supporting and retaining volunteers. The role is key to engendering positive volunteer engagement and raising the profile of volunteering both internally and externally.
This is done by provide high-level customer service throughout the volunteer journey whilst contributing to the recruitment, induction, training, support, retention and exit of volunteers in line with our values and strategy of the charity. You will also be required to effective relationships across the charity to understand and fulfil volunteering requirements as well as streamline processes and improve volunteer-involvement experience.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Work across the organisation as the key point of contact for volunteer database systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge); ensuring volunteering data is accurately imported, inputted and maintained to deliver reliable insights.
- Monitor and respond to emails in the dedicated volunteer inbox and deal with telephone enquiries.
- Oversee the administration of the volunteering application process ensuring the completion of relevant paperwork, referencing, ID badges and other areas as appropriate.
- Generate reports and other metrics to communicate the contribution and value of volunteers to the organisation.
- Contribute to the production and distribution of resources for volunteer-involving events, including, but not limited to recruitment, training and induction materials.
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator, maintain volunteering profile on internal communication channels, ensuring all relevant policies, reference materials and documents are available to volunteers and employees.
- Support the organisation and delivery of volunteer recruitment, engagement community-building events to increase the profile and involvement of volunteers.
- Contribute to the review, development and implementation of robust practices, policies and procedures associated with the volunteer journey.
- Act as the key point of contact for all internal volunteer queries, responding or cascading to others as appropriate.
- Proactively, keep up to date on events and initiatives taking place across the charity, providing guidance on the requirements for the involvement and recruitment of volunteers.
- Raise the profile of volunteering by actively promoting the benefits internally and externally.
- Contribute to the volunteer selection process to assess volunteer suitability as/when required.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of IT packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and changing deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at various levels across the organisation.
- Developed organisation skills with a strong attention to detail
- A conscientious approach to work and good time management skills.
- Experience of working in a customer-service or people-facing environment.
- Experience of working with partners and/or external agencies
- Experience of working with databases.
- Experience of processing and/or handling personal (sensitive) data.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Volunteer Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Volunteer Executive.
The closing date for applications is 1st March 2020, with interviews to be held on the 9th March 2020. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a certain date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.