Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
By working at Alzheimer’s Research UK, you will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2020, we were listed 39th in the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England.
The Website Manager will play a critical role in promoting, enabling, and supporting the digital ambitions of the charity. Focused on leading ARUK’s web strategy and positioned in a newly formed Digital team, this role will help drive the continued growth of the charity’s fundraising, engagement, and brand awareness via digital means, contributing to our charity income. Taking a lead on web content strategy, our information architecture and associated user journeys throughout the site, you will provide a rich and engaging experience for our different audiences and supporters.
You will be joining at a time of exciting growth and development within our Digital department. Managing a Website Development Officer and a Website Analytics Officer, you will work closely with our Head of Digital to design and implement a fresh and innovative website strategy. You will drive an increase in our conversion rates and KPIs, whilst delivering the best possible experience to our online audiences and supporters. You will take a lead role in the management and onward development of ARUK’s award-winning websites, ensuring that our innovative and sector leading reputation is maintained.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and implement ARUK’s website strategy, including microsites and apps, where appropriate.
- Work with teams across ARUK to ensure that web content is up to date and meets SEO / Accessibility standards.
- Play a leading role in the creation of campaign landing pages, working closely with the Digital Campaigns Manager to ensure that marketing-focused pages are fully optimised and delivering conversions.
- Develop effective user journeys throughout the site to drive donations, sign-ups and other KPIs.
- Act on data insights from the Website Analytics Officer and feed recommendations back into the website design and content, ensuring an ongoing approach to web optimisation.
- Identify and prioritise key web development activities for the Web Development Officer and Analytics Officer.
- Undertake a full audit of existing pages on the website and develop a roadmap to rationalise and make best use of this content.
- Review and recommend changes to the website information architecture, through internal consultation, workshops, data analysis and user research, as appropriate
- Lead Horizon Scanning for Digital opportunities.
- Inspire and motivate team members.
- Assist with the hands-on updating of the website, as required
- Manage the Web team to create a visually appealing and functional site that features user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Work with partner agencies and the wider organisation and departmental teams to assist with digital projects and campaigns.
- Drive continuous improvement to our digital platforms and keep the charity at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Setting up and editing of web content across ARUK websites as required.
- Ensure activities comply with ARUK brand and data guidelines.
- Team management and development, working with the Head of Dept and Director.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to strategically review websites and digital platforms, and to develop a roadmap for continuous improvement
- Confident in reviewing website IA and managing changes to its structure
- Line management experience
- Strong grasp of SEO principles
- Good knowledge of WordPress
- Firm grasp of security principles and how they apply to the charity.
- Good experience of managing and maintaining multiple websites and web applications.
- Experience with underlying software and database development (‘back end’), as well as interface and visual design ('front end')
- Strong Google Analytics and AdWords experience
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £41,500 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 13th February 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 21st February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at via the information on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.