Are you looking for a rewarding role where every day is different?
Do you have the passion and drive to make a positive difference in peoples lives who are affected by dementia?
Would you like to work within a supportive and compassionate team where we work openly, combining our strengths, helping us to achieve more together?
Yes? then please let us tell you more about the fantastic opportunity we have at Alzheimer’s Society!
We are hoping to welcome an approachable and enthusiastic Dementia Support Worker for a 9 month maternity cover working Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Connect service in Bexley. This is an amazing and rewarding opportunity providing support and guidance to people with dementia and their carers. We strive to help people to maintain independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting people in more control of their own lives. We promote a person-centred service so that our support is unique to each individual, based upon their own aspirations and needs.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
This is a great opportunity to join our team providing personalised support to people diagnosed with dementia and their carers, helping them to maintain their independence.
• Support people to access vital services that we provide
• Improve peoples sense of well-being, and have more control of their lives.
• Assist with the identification of needs and providing information and access to relevant services.
• Promote our amazing service and build relationships with a range of health and social care professionals.
• Visiting clients in their own homes so the ability to travel independently across the area is needed.
Support Worker Requirements:
You will have;
• Passion to support people to maintain their independence improving their sense of well-being, putting them in more control of their lives
• Solid and compassionate understanding of the needs of people affected by dementia
• Ability to work inclusively with people affected by dementia, along with an understanding of the need for client confidentially.
• Great communication skills, adapting your approach to ensure understanding at all levels
• Networking and influencing skills and the ability to manage several tasks at once and keep yourself motivated to perform under pressure.
• Good IT skills and experience working with databases.
About Alzheimer’s Society:
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Dementia Support Worker
Location: Community based in Bexley
Contract type: Fixed Term - 9 months
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £20,363 - £21,603 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience) (+ London Allowance of £3,600 if applicable)
Closing date: 7 December 2021
Interview date: TBC (interviews will be conducted through Zoom or Teams)
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: 104 516