We are looking for a Trustee with a strong financial background to join our growing Board in the leadership of Amal at this exciting time in its young life. Amal works for increased Muslim participation in creative activities, richer encounters between communities, more authentic representation and the celebration of our Muslim communities and their contributions to British society.
As Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC), you will play a critical role by guiding Amal on its governance, financial, risk management and internal control processes and practices. Amal is a Muslim-led charity which welcomes people of all faith backgrounds and none in its governance, management and wider work.
- As a Trustee, to share in the oversight and strategic leadership of Amal’s work.
- As FAC Chair, to provide objective advice and guidance to the Board and management on the adequacy of and potential improvements to Amal’s financial, risk management and internal control processes and practices
The skills, experience and attributes we are looking for
- Commitment to building harmonious relations between the UK’s communities and to Amal’s values of social justice, compassion and conviviality
- Strong financial management and business planning experience and skills
- Some experience of charity governance, finance and fundraising law and practice
- Objectivity and independent-mindedness
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to this role
Amal’s commitment to you
Amal provides an induction for new Trustees on Amal’s strategy, budgets, governance and policies. For Trustees who have not been a trustee before, we will also provide an induction on the duties of being a trustee and the regulatory framework. The Chair and the CEO will be available to provide any other guidance or discuss issues with the FAC Chair as necessary. Amal advises Trustees of Amal-supported events that may be of particular interest to them and reimburses Trustees for reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred on Amal business.
Further information on the Principal Duties of the Board and the Terms of Reference of the Finance and Audit Committee are included in the full recruitment pack.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a CV demonstrating your experience including in relation to the requirements of this role and a covering letter showing how you meet the points set out in the person specification.
Deadline for applications: 31 October
Further conversations with short listed candidates will take place the week beginning 1 November
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.