Ambition Institute is a graduate school for teachers, school leaders and system leaders. Our programmes help educators serving children from disadvantaged backgrounds to keep getting better. Through our suite of programmes we’re able to support educators at every stage – from new teachers through to leaders of groups of schools.
We are looking for a talented Associate Director to join our Programme Operations department. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring we have exceptional faculty delivering across Ambition’s programme suite, cost effectively and at a high quality. In this role you will provide strategic direction to event scheduling and facilitator staffing, coaching logistics and support, and assessment processes. The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain great relationships internally and externally, establish and implement tight processes, and get to grips with the intent behind our programme design to ensure we allocate faculty best placed to deliver faithfully on this intent.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A strong commitment to education, the non-profit sector and raising the aspirations, achievements and life chances of all children
- Ability to quickly grasp design principles underpinning Ambition’s programmes in order to be able to oversee strong fit of internal and external faculty to need
- Previous experience developing and embedding effective systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage senior stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience overseeing effective communication at scale
- Comfortable using excel and technology such as Salesforce, to be able to oversee systems used across the team
- Demonstrated experience in a previous role using own initiative and working with high levels of autonomy
- Previous experience managing multiple, competing demands
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner
- A good understanding of coaching, assessing and facilitator best practice
- A good understanding of the principles of effective training and development
- Good budget management skills
We are happy to be able to offer you:
- Agile working - a dynamic and flexible internal culture that gives employees control over the way they work and supports wellbeing
- A competitive annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- A generous employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% NI rebate)
- Competitive salaries rates and life assurance
- Access to an interest free season ticket and bike loans, as well as eyecare vouchers
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provides confidential support for employees on personal or work-related matters
- A robust learning and development offer that ensures your continuous professional development
How to apply
To apply or for any questions and queries, please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive at this stage we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Please note, that we will be moving to an exciting new office space in West London by the end of the year. Further details will be shared with you if you are appointed.
As an employer, we have a responsibility to prevent illegal working in the UK by ensuring that our employees have the right to work in the UK. Therefore, as part of the recruitment process to verify your eligibility you will be required to produce relevant documentation.