Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
London, Birmingham, Manchester
£70,000 per annum (plus £3,000 London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting time to join Ambition Institute. We are looking for a motivated and talented Bid Director who can make this newly created role their own, building a specialised unit and building on our organisational approach to bid development.
The role is responsible for the senior leadership of our work to secure contracts that fund our programmes and other mission critical activities. To be successful in this role you will need to lead the organisational effort to create exceptional submissions, drawing on relevant expertise in departments and utilising the bid process to build knowledge and secure buy-in for the new work
The successful candidate will play a key part in identifying opportunities nationally and internationally that help us deliver our organisational medium and long-term strategy. The Bid Director will secure and sustain strong partnerships as part of our bid work, to make sure partners are committed to the success of the new opportunity and have the opportunity to shape our proposals.
In this role you will draw on technical input from across the organisation, ensuring high quality tender submissions, senior copy-editing bid responses, and implementing the bid process. The successful candidate will also oversee the transition from bidding to mobilising contracts, securing knowledge and buy-in during the bid process and building robust handover plans.
The Bid Director will report our Executive Director, Strategy and Impact, and will be responsible for building up a small dedicated bid team. The role will need to develop a talented and committed team with knowledge and skills to develop exceptional submissions that further our charitable objectives in a sustainable manner.
Applications will be considered for all office locations.
For more details, please refer to the detailed Job Description and Person Specification in the Job Pack, available in the Downloads section on our company vacancy page for this role.
Who are Ambition Institute?
At Ambition Institute we help schools tackling educational disadvantage to keep getting better, and help their teachers and school leaders to become more expert over time. That’s how we’ll make sure every child gets a great education and the best possible start in life.
- We train teachers and leaders at all levels to get better at the things that make the biggest difference: what you teach, how you teach it, and how you create the conditions for schools to thrive.
- We share what works. Everyone can benefit from evidence of how great teaching and leadership can improve schools and change lives, so we connect people to the latest research and best practice.
- We champion every teacher and school leader’s potential to develop, as the driving force for sustainable school improvement.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you:
- Agile working culture, so you can control how you work.
- Staff affinity networks that help keep equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- Enhanced maternity pay after a year’s service.
- Shared parental leave package.
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 wellbeing and support line.
- Professional development offer for all staff.
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays.
- Employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% national insurance rebate).
- Interest free season ticket / bike loans.
How to apply
All applications must be received by the closing date, 11am on 1st October 2021.
Interviews are expected to take place between 6th-9th October 2021.
To apply for this role, or any of our other vacancies or for any questions or queries please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matter to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.