Customer Service & Sales Advisor (FTC)
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Birmingham, London or Manchester
£20,000 per annum (plus £3,000 London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for 2 motivated and talented sales and customer service professional to join the team as a Customer Service and Sales Advisor (internally known as Enquiries Associate) on a permanent basis. The role is responsible for the ‘B2C’ sales of the organisation.
This role is also responsible for delivering outstanding service to inbound enquiries and applicants, to support high conversion from direct enquiries, and applicants put forward by their school. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the Enquiries team who are responsible for selling directly to consumers who are interested in a programme for themselves, and supporting applicants whose school has purchased programmes on their behalf.
Based in our Birmingham, London or Manchester office, and reporting to the Enquiries Senior Associate, you’ll deliver great customer service to everyone in our pipeline to increase sales. You will manage a pipeline of enquiries and candidates, including creating sales emails, creating sales text campaigns and making sales calls.
This exciting role will require an excellent communicator that understands great customer service. It is essential that you are sales minded, with an ability to increase our sales and conversation targets. You will have experience of working with data and building reports within a CRM system.
Who are Ambition Institute?
At Ambition Institute we help schools tackling educational disadvantage to keep getting better, and help their teachers and school leaders to become more expert over time. That’s how we’ll make sure every child gets a great education and the best possible start in life.
- We train teachers and leaders at all levels to get better at the things that make the biggest difference: what you teach, how you teach it, and how you create the conditions for schools to thrive.
- We share what works. Everyone can benefit from evidence of how great teaching and leadership can improve schools and change lives, so we connect people to the latest research and best practice.
- We champion every teacher and school leader’s potential to develop, as the driving force for sustainable school improvement.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you:
- Agile working culture, so you can control how you work.
- Staff affinity networks that help keep equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- Enhanced maternity pay after a year’s service.
- Shared parental leave package.
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 wellbeing and support line.
- Professional development offer for all staff.
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays.
- Employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% national insurance rebate).
- Interest free season ticket / bike loans
How to apply
All applications must be received by the closing date, 9am on 4 February 2022. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 7 February 2022.
To apply for this role, or any of our other vacancies or for any questions or queries please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matter to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.