Ambition Institute is a graduate school for teachers, school leaders and system leaders. Our programmes help educators serving children from disadvantaged backgrounds to keep getting better. Through our suite of programmes we’re able to support educators at every stage – from new teachers through to leaders of groups of schools.
We are seeking a high performing People Director to ensure that we find, hire, develop and retain world class individuals who can help us to achieve our mission. You’ll also support the senior leadership team to ensure that Ambition Institute creates a culture where all employees can do their life’s best work. You’ll have extensive HR knowledge with a proven ability to lead the work of our people department including our employee offer, appraisal, employee relations, recruitment and payroll. If you are excited by that challenge and can demonstrate the expertise needed, we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A strong commitment to our mission.
- Extensive technical human resources knowledge and skill backed up by appropriate human resources qualifications.
- Strong alignment with the culture of freedom and responsibility that Ambition Institute is creating.
- Experience of managing a team and budget.
- Experience working as a member of an organisation’s leadership team.
We are happy to be able to offer you:
- Agile working - a dynamic and flexible internal culture that gives employees control over the way they work and supports wellbeing
- A competitive annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- A generous employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% NI rebate)
- Competitive salaries rates and life assurance
- Access to an interest free season ticket and bike loans, as well as eyecare vouchers
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provides confidential support for employees on personal or work-related matters
- A robust learning and development offer that ensures your continuous professional development
How to apply
To apply or for any questions and queries, please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive at this stage we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Please note, that we will be moving to an exciting new office space in West London by the end of the year. Further details will be shared with you if you are appointed.
As an employer, we have a responsibility to prevent illegal working in the UK by ensuring that our employees have the right to work in the UK. Therefore, as part of the recruitment process to verify your eligibility you will be required to produce relevant documentation.