Programme Office and Governance Manager
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Birmingham, London or Manchester
£28,000 per annum (plus £3,000 London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated and talented professional to join our Programmes Division as Programme Office and Governance Manager. The role is key in facilitating the mobilization and delivery of all our programmes across our varied programme suite.
This role is also responsible for providing programme office support to the Programme Executive Director, and organising, shaping and leading all departmental governance to enable the Programme Division to meet its strategic and operational objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead all aspects of departmental governance and to work closely with senior stakeholders.
Based in either our Birmingham, London or Manchester office, and reporting to the Programmes Project Lead, you’ll work with the wider project management team. You’ll also work closely with senior leaders to set agendas, prepare papers, and ensure actions are followed up and decisions are recorded. You’ll provide high-quality and consistent programme office support to the Programmes Executive Director, including diary management, meeting coordination, and project management.
This exciting role is varied and complex, and will require someone with experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and workstreams. It is essential that you have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to work autonomously to manage a complex workload. You must be proactive about improving processes and solutions-focused when encountering challenges.
Who are Ambition Institute?
At Ambition Institute we help schools tackling educational disadvantage to keep getting better, and help their teachers and school leaders to become more expert over time. That’s how we’ll make sure every child gets a great education and the best possible start in life.
- We train teachers and leaders at all levels to get better at the things that make the biggest difference: what you teach, how you teach it, and how you create the conditions for schools to thrive.
- We share what works. Everyone can benefit from evidence of how great teaching and leadership can improve schools and change lives, so we connect people to the latest research and best practice.
- We champion every teacher and school leader’s potential to develop, as the driving force for sustainable school improvement.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you:
- Agile working culture, so you can control how you work.
- Staff affinity networks that help keep equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- Enhanced maternity pay after a year’s service.
- Shared parental leave package.
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 wellbeing and support line.
- Professional development offer for all staff.
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays.
- Employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% national insurance rebate).
- Interest free season ticket / bike loans
How to apply
All applications must be received by the closing date, 9am on 4th October 2021. First stage interviews are expected to take place week commencing 4th October 2021 and second stage interviews week commencing 11th October 2021.
To apply for this role, or any of our other vacancies or for any questions or queries please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matter to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.