Ambitious College is London's first specialist College dedicated to supporting young people with Autism aged 16-25. We believe everyone is entitled to lead a fulfilling, happy and rewarding life; and this includes young people with Autism.
Would you like the opportunity to work as part of an inspiring team and in partnership with a fantastic charity?
We are based in Isleworth and are currently looking for a Classroom Assistant to join our welcoming team on the 22nd of August 2022. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support our Autistic learners both academically and practically; with a large part of the role focused on improving our learners independent living skills to make a successful transition to adult life.
Ambitious About Autism's benefit package includes:
- A competitive salary of up to £20,041 and reviewed annually
- Clear progression routes within the organisation
- State of the art training including person centred approaches, positive behaviour support, medical training and understanding sensory needs
- Free healthy breakfast available everyday
- Travel season tickets and cycle to work scheme up to £5000
- Annual staff recognition awards ceremony
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life
- Access to free physiotherapy
- Invitations to Mental Health and Wellbeing Events
- Continuous professional development including access to coaching and mentoring as well as e-learning and online training courses
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is looking for an environment to be creative, learn and truly make a difference to the lives of our young people and their families.
Start date: 22nd August 2022 (Two week hybrid training induction, on site and at home training). This role is a permanent, full time role.
Working pattern: Monday to Friday only (35 hours per week) and term time only.
If you are adaptable, resilient, looking for a new challenge or change and want to make a positive impact to autistic young people please apply today.
For more information on the role as Learning and Behaviour Specialist please find the recruitment pack attached.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Safeguarding responsibilities of the post as per the job description and personal specification.
Whether the post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendment to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2021. This means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS Filter Guidance.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.