Ambitious College has a career defining opportunity for an exceptional person, who can inspire, lead and innovate. If you are ambitious about making the ordinary possible for young adults with autism, share our forward thinking, open minded values then we would love to hear from you.
We are an Ofsted “Good”, award winning Day College for young people aged 16-25 with a primary diagnosis of autism, some of whom have additional disabilities. We believe that every young person attending Ambitious College deserves a fulfilling, happy and rewarding life. Our person-centred educational approach ensures we focus on the individual learners requirements at all times.
Our mission is to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism and we do this through living our five values; we are ambitious, we value difference, we are open, we are team players and we are experts.
What we offer:
- Excellent CPD including a wide-range of in house and external training courses.
- As a growing organisation there is opportunity to progress your career.
- Competitive annual salary paid over 52 weeks.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes and learning programmes.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative Deputy Head who has:
- High expectations of our learners achieving their goals and aspirations, along with a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, ‘making the ordinary possible'.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a transdisciplinary team to ensure young adults are prepared for adulthood.
- Experience of working in a culture of change.
- Extensive teaching experience with young adults with complex special education needs.
- Ensure the objectives outlined in the College development plan are realised through a regular cycle of development planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Experience of leading, managing and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
The position will require regular travel to both college sites.
Role Closes: Sunday 8th November, 12 noon.
Applicants informed of outcome: Monday 9th November 2020.
First stage interviews: Friday 13th 2020 (Virtually).
Second Stage Interview: Monday 16th November 2020. (In Person).
Start date: As soon as possible.
To find out more about this position please visit our website where you can find the recruitment pack entailing the role details.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.