TreeHouse School has a career defining opportunity for an exceptional person, who can inspire, lead and innovate. If you are ambitious about making the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism, share our forward thinking, open minded values then we would love to hear from you.
We are an Ofsted “Outstanding” non-maintained special school and sixth form for pupils aged 4–19. We have been providing specialist education for children with autism since 1997 to enable them to learn, thrive and achieve. We are person-centred, we thrive through challenge, we are caring and we are creative.
What we offer:
- We are committed to CPD, we are a part of the Haringey Education Program providing NPQH
- Subsidised weekly classes including; Yoga, Zumba and Running
- Free healthy breakfast
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000
- Season ticket loans
- Wellness programmes
- On-site physiotherapy for all employees
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative Deputy Head who has:
- High expectations of our pupils' learning and a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, ‘making the ordinary possible'
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a transdisciplinary team to ensure young people are prepared for adulthood
- Experience of working in a culture of change
- Extensive teaching experience with young people with complex special education needs
- Ensure the objectives outlined in the School Development Plan are realised through a regular cycle of development planning, implementation, review and evaluation
- Experience of leading, managing and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Role Closes: Monday 17th April 2020
Interview Date: 27th April 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.