Are you an experienced Education Governance and Compliance Officer looking to at making a real difference in the lives of young people with autism?
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding as well as campaign for change. Through TreeHouse School, Ambitious College and The Rise School, we provide specialist education and support to children and young people, aged 4-25, with Autism.
Ambitious About Autism has a brand new role for an Education Governance and Compliance Officer. You will play a key role in ensuring Ambitious about Autism is accountable to its beneficiaries, supporters and regulators through effective, efficient and transparent governance within its education settings. This includes direct support to the Executive Principal and the Governing Bodies, including the Chairs of the Governing Bodies. It also involves ensuring that legal, statutory, and regulatory obligations are met within the education settings.
Key skills for the role:
- Ensure effective, efficient governance of Ambitious about Autism's education settings, that fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory obligations and follows best governance practice
- Support and advise the members of the Governing Bodies in fulfilment of their governance responsibilities
- To draft new policies and updates to existing policies in line with changing Government guidance
- Promote and maintain effective channels of reporting and communication at all levels within Ambitious about Autism to promote and achieve the organisation's mission, values and objectives
- You will be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- You will have a proven track record in developing effective working relationships with both internal and external colleagues
- You will be innovative and values driven in your approach to day to day tasks, with a keen eye for attention to detail
In return, we offer excellent benefits including commitment to Continual Personal development (CPD). You can find a full list of benefits on our website.
If you would like more information about the role or would be keen to have a confidential chat, please contact Stephen Vickers
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.