Do you want to work in a supportive environment delivering exceptional support and education?
Ambitious College is proud to be an Ofsted Good college, supporting learners aged 16-25, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. We are looking for Learning and Behavioural specialist staff, with a passion for working with young people to join us.
Your role as an SEN Learning and Behaviour Support Assistant:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS).
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive
You will need to be well organised, have good planning skills, an appreciation of health & safety in the workplace along with a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present with behaviours that challenge.
Working at Ambitious College we offer a wide range of financial and wellbeing benefits, such as:
- Competitive annual salary, Paid over 52 weeks
- We are committed to CPD, we are a part of the Haringey Education Program where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities.
- Subsidised weekly classes including; Yoga, Zumba and Running
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000
- Season ticket loans
- Wellness programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to physiotherapy for all employees
Start date: We are hiring throughout the year as our learner numbers grow.
If you would like to find out more about working at Ambitious College, please contact our recruitment team. Alternatively apply today and help us in making the ordinary possible for young people with Autism.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.