Do you want to have a positive impact on young Autistic learners and excellent career progression?
Ambitious College at West Thames College is proud to be an Ofsted ‘Good' college, supporting learners aged 16-25, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. Our learner numbers grow throughout the year and as such we are looking for SEN 'Learning and Behavioural Specialists', with a passion for working with young people to join us this academic year.
Your role as a 'Learning and Behaviour Specialist':
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using Positive Behaviour Support.
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits.
- Use your creativity daily to support lesson plans through preparing materials and resources.
- Support our learners to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
We are looking for empathetic and adaptable individuals, who thrive under pressure and have a natural ability to solve challenges. You will also need physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present behaviours that challenge.
Why join us?
- Competitive annual salary paid over 52 weeks and excellent salary progression within the role.
- We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities support your personal and professionally development.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes including: running club, cooking classes and pets cafe online.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to free of charge physiotherapy.
- On-site parking.
Start date: ASAP.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.