Do you want to work in a supportive environment delivering exceptional support and education?
Ambitious College is a unique specialist further education provision for learners aged 18 to 25 with autism and complex needs. We support learners to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to make a successful transition to adulthood and to live and work as part of their community.
The college is growing and we are looking for a dynamic and confident Learning Support Co-ordinator to join our dedicated support team based in Isleworth. You will work alongside a transdisciplinary team to support our learners to achieve outstanding outcomes.
As Learning Support Co-ordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of Learning and Behaviour Specialists
- Ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service via person-centred programmes
- Maintaining excellent levels of care and support that follow agreed practices and protocols
- Working directly with our learners as well as providing ground support in a management capacity
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of supervising/mentoring staff in a service for people with autism, with the ability to lead, motivate and performance-manage effectively
- Experience of working directly with people with autism and a willingness to undertake direct care tasks, as well as participating in college and community-based sessions
- Knowledge of CQC regulation requirements and compliance, ideally with demonstrable experience of working in a CQC-registered service
- Experience of supporting people who can engage in a range of behaviours that challenge using a positive behaviour support approach
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to stay calm and focused and to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- The commitment and flexibility to provide high-quality person-centred support
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: Wednesday 10th June 2020
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.