Do you want to play a significant part in making the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism? Working as the Major Donor Officer you can make a difference.
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. Our mission is to help children and young people with autism to learn, thrive and achieve. We work to improve the services available for children and young people with autism, to increase awareness and understanding of autism, to campaign for change and, through TreeHouse School, The Rise School and Ambitious College, to offer outstanding specialist education and support.
To enable us to achieve our mission, we are looking to appoint a Major Donor Officer to join our award-winning Fundraising team, who will work with the Head of Philanthropy to develop and manage an engaged and committed portfolio of individual major donors. This will be achieved by management of a personal portfolio of high net-worth prospects, but also by maintaining a comprehensive stewardship programme for all our major donors and managing a giving club for mid-level donors.
Working as a Major Donor Officer, you will:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a major donor strategy, in line with the overall fundraising plan
- Identify and research prospective funders, both independently and collaboratively, using a range of tools, sources and contacts, to help maintain a healthy pipeline of people to engage and cultivate
- Build and maintain effective relationships with prospective supporters using expert verbal and written communications skills
- Cultivate a portfolio of prospective major givers to secure four and five-figure donations
- Manage and develop a giving club to create closer relationships with mid-value donors
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who would like to work for a forward-thinking organisation and make a real difference to the lives of young people and children with autism. In return, we offer a great working culture, excellent befits and flexible working.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, need any further information or wish to have an informal discussion please contact: Stephen Vickers, Senior Recruitment Officer
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.