Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for autistic children and young people. We provide educational services, raise awareness and understanding as well as campaign for change.
We are currently recruiting for a Participation Programme Manager to join our External Affairs team.
Autistic children and young people are at the heart of everything that we do. We work in partnership with autistic children and young people and their families. We do this so we can make sure we reflect their lived experience when developing our work.
Our Participation Programme plays a key part in delivering our new three-year strategy from Autumn 2021. Under the strategy we will expand and develop our Ambitious Youth Network nationally to empower autistic young people to connect with each other, understand their autism, be empowered to make decisions about their lives and influence social change.
As the Participation Programme Manager, you will lead and manage the Participation Team and be accountable for developing and delivering the Participation Programme to meet our strategic aims.
We are looking for an individual who will:
- Work to the highest standards of co-production and participation; developing autistic children and young people's skills and confidence around influencing change and having their voice heard on the things that matter to them
- Lead, develop and manage the design and delivery of the Participation Programme in line with Ambitious about Autism's strategy and vision.
- Develop and maintain strong, productive and strategic relationships with key partners, including funders, project and consultancy partners, local authorities, and other voluntary and statutory services and sector specialists
- Represent Ambitious about Autism at external meetings and events, develop and deliver presentations and training in a variety of contexts
- Lead and manage the Participation staff Team and Programme budget
This is a fantastic opportunity to help develop and support the work we do within the organisation. In return you will have access to continued professional development (CPD), excellent benefits including support for wellbeing, generous holiday allowance and a friendly and supportive team. Please see our recruitment pack on the link below.
If you have any questions around the role or would like to have a confidential chat, please contact Stephen Vickers
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.