We are recruiting for September 2020!
Are you a Teaching Assistant wanting to become an Autism specialist?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Here at TreeHouse School, Teaching Assistants are referrred to as Teaching and Behaviour Specialists. The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach.
We are looking for creative and talented individuals to make a positive difference to our learner's lives. We are investors in our people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them.
Come and join us on our journey in delivering our 2020 ambitious approach. Our Ambitious Approach is our model of best education practice, developed over years of direct work with autistic children and young people. It comprises of a person-centred, values based, trans-disciplinary and underpinned by a whole-organisational Positive Behaviour Support framework.
TreeHouse school is an Ofsted Outstanding non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 90 pupils aged 4-19. We have high aspirations for our pupils and learners. Our goal for all our pupils and learners is that when they leave our settings they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Specialist at TreeHouse School:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS)
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
Benefits at TreeHouse School:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapist's and Specialist Teachers
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Free healthy breakfast every day
- Cycle to work scheme
- Continuous professional and personal development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised classes and activities including Yoga, Zumba, Running Club and Book Clubs.
Start date: Our comprehensive two week induction program will be commencing on the 17th of August 2020
Interviews: Various dates through March – end of June 2020
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.