Are you a Teaching Assistant looking to become specialist in Autism?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Here at TreeHouse school, part of Ambitious about Autism, we are hiring!
TreeHouse school is an Ofsted Outstanding non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 88 pupils. We are looking for Teaching and Behavioural support staff, with a passion for working with children and young people, aged 4-19, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education.
Come and join us and become an expert in delivering our ambitious approach. It is our model of education practice, developed over years of direct work with autistic children and young people. Here at TreeHouse school we use a person-centred approach which is supported by our trans-disciplinary team and underpinned by positive behaviour support framework.
Working as a Teaching Assistant at TreeHouse school you will:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS)
- Supervise and supportcommunity-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
Working at Treehouse School, we offer a wide range of financial and wellbeing benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive annual salary, paid over 52 weeks
- Free healthy breakfast every day
- Continuous professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised classes and activities: such as yoga, zumba, running clubs and book clubs.
We are committed to investing in our people and their talent. From the day you join us, we'll give you a comprehensive core and role specific induction, access to e-learning tools, training courses, professional qualifications and coaching from our expert teams. We'll help you find out where your career could take you by creating a personal development plan.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.