Are you a Teaching Assistant looking to develop a career working with children and young people with autism?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Here at TreeHouse school, part of Ambitious about Autism, we are hiring!
TreeHouse schools is an Ofsted Outstanding non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 95 pupils. We are looking for Teaching and Behavioural support staff, with a passion for working with children and young people, aged 4-19, in particular those who may have received all manner of set-backs in and outside of education.
Working as a Teaching assistant at Treehouse school you will:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS).
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive
You will need to be well organised, have good planning skills, an appreciation of health & safety in the workplace along with a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present with behaviours that challenge.
Working at Treehouse School, we offer a wide range of financial and wellbeing benefits, such as:
- Competitive annual salary, Paid over 52 weeks
- Pension scheme
- Free healthy breakfast every day
- Continuous professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised classes and activities: such as Yoga, Zumba, Running Clubs and Book clubs
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.