We are recruiting for September 2020!
Do you want to have a positive impact on young Autistic learners and excellent career progression?
TreeHouse School is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 90 pupils aged 4-19. Our goal for all our pupils and learners is that when they leave our settings they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
At TreeHouse School, our 'Teaching Assistants' have the title 'Teaching and Behaviour Support' (TaBS). The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Support:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits.
- Use your creativity daily to support lesson plans through preparing materials and resources.
- Support our learners to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
We are looking for empathetic and adaptable individuals, who thrive under pressure and have a natural ability to solve challenges. You will also need physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who sometimes present behaviours that challenge. You will be keen to use our behavioural approach, have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Why join us?
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapist's and Specialist Teachers.
- Highly competitive annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities to support your personal and professional development.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes including running club, cooking classes and pets cafe online.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
Start date: Our comprehensive two-week induction program will be commencing on the 17th of August 2020 to give you all the tools you need to be confident in your new role.
Interviews: Various dates throughout August 2020.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.