Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with Autism in an education setting? Do you have drive, energy and ambition?
We have an exciting opportunity for dynamic, enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist, who shares our vision for young people with autism, to contribute to the planning, adaptation, monitoring and reporting of pupils' personalised plans, enabling them to access learning and activities in wider community.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of various specialists who contribute to learning plans and targets, drawing on various expertise.
All posts will gain access to high quality in-house CPD opportunities, as well as benefitting from access to external training appropriate to the role. Regular Clinical Supervision will form part of the role to ensure that staff is supported in the development of their skills and keeping up to date on current practice and research within the field of AHP.
The role of the Speech and Language Therapist involves:
- Providing direct SALT sessions to College Learners with speech and language therapy on their study programme and for those with identified need (such as from internal referrals)
- Assessing and reviewing Learner's speech, language and communication needs in line with the Ambitious College assessment cycle
- Using specialist knowledge to recommend and develop appropriate and individualised aids and adaptations to support speech, language and/or communication
- Working with other professionals within the trans-disciplinary team to plan, implement and evaluate targets, goals/programmes related to OT needs for relevant Learners
- Working with other professionals within the trans-disciplinary team to provide advice and guidance on the development of employability skills and access to work placements opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional Qualified Speech and Language Therapy qualification to degree level
- HCPC registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Evidence of post registration training within defined clinical area of expertise (ASD)
- Specialist knowledge and experience of a range of treatment techniques, SALT models and approaches in adults with ASD and/or complex needs
Please note that this role is a fixed-term maternity cover contract for circa 9 months.
Be extraordinary and join us in making the ordinary possible for young people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.