Ammalife is growing and we need a professional with integrity to use their initiative to help drive our vision forward. You'll be working alongside a committed team of volunteers to tackle maternal mortality in some of the poorest parts of the world. You'll be managing our operations so that good ideas have impact.
Reporting to the Chairman and the Board of Trustees, the Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the Charity and he/she will be instrumental in maintaining good governance within the Charity. To these ends, the Operations Manager will be a full member of the Executive Board. As a small charity, there will be times when flexibilityand task sharing with the Projects Officer and volunteers will be required. In the main however, the post holder will be responsible for the following:
- To be the primary point of contact for the Charity
- To ensure good communication with the public, donors, our Patrons, and partner organisations via emails, newsletters, the website and social media.
- To build and maintain an appropriate CRM and database of donors, taking account of data security.
- To maintain a volunteer database and manage volunteer activities in collaboration with others on the Executive.
- To develop a pipelinefor projects (with Ammalife's advisory clinicians) and oversee the management of the Charity’s projects.
- To support the chairs of the Charity’s meetings (Board of Trustees, Executive Board, AGM).
- To liaise with our media volunteers to ensure a high profile for the Charity’s activities.
- To develop, review, and update operational policies in line with legal and statutory requirements.
- To populate and maintain the Charity’s risk register.
- To facilitate the production of the Charity’s statutory annual returns.
- To represent Ammalife externally and build relationships with key stakeholders to optimize funding opportunities.
- To keep up-to-date with changes in the legal and regulatory external environment as it impacts upon charities
- and fundraising.
- To work with outside agencies and consultancies where appropriate.
- To manage the Projects Officer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.