Lead Information and Technology (IT) to transform the operations of the International Secretariat and advance the cause of human rights. Work with colleagues to develop and implement an Information Technology strategy that delivers the organisation's goals. Build a professional, high-performing IT department. Oversee the commissioning, support and security of information systems and technology infrastructure for Amnesty International.
The IT department provides a full suite of IT services to approximately 550 colleagues operating from 20 sites around the world. The department also provides a shared IT service based on Microsoft Office 365 to another 3000+ users in Amnesty entities globally. The department is responsible for delivering new information systems to the International Secretariat and for managing and exploiting online and physical information resources.
- Working with peers across the Secretariat develop and maintain the IT Strategy for the IS that supports delivery of the movement's strategic goals.
- Establish the IT governance bodies to provide ongoing direction of operations.
- Advise the International Board and the Coalition Leadership Team (CLT) on the impact of technology and invest to achieve the necessary organisation changes.
- Lead technology effectively across the Secretariat and the movement, providing advice and support to strategic technology initiatives.
- Lead and manage the IT Department and represent IT at the CLT and board meetings etc as required.
- Work professionally with the CLT and senior staff to ensure buy-in and then deliver strategic technology initiatives.
- Communicate the IT strategy, technology projects and initiatives to colleagues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across Amnesty's national entities with the aim of achieving a converged technology estate across the movement
- Manage core IT systems, and ensure systems are available, functional and secure.
- Deliver high-quality IT services, both within the Secretariat and national entities
- Develop and maintain operational policies.
- Negotiate and establish service level agreements with internal stakeholders and service providers, and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Build and maintain the morale, cohesion, skills and engagement of IT staff.
- Coach, motivate and develop all individuals in the IT Department and support managers to develop their teams.
- Ensure that the objectives of team members are clear and meaningful and in line with organisation strategy and that these are regularly reviewed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Strategy and governance
Do you have an awareness of trends in technology and digital, and experience of formulating business-led IT strategy.
Can you describe your experience in Development, implementation and maintenance of IT governance structures.
Leadership and management
- Can you demonstrate proven IT leadership experience, ideally of a diverse IT team of a similar size.
- Implementation of IT processes based on industry standards and good practice notably ITIL (Information Technology Information Library), Agile project management and DevOps.
- Management of IT budgets and development of a 3 - 5 year technology investment strategy.
- IT supplier management and experience of negotiating with and managing third parties, suppliers etc.
- Budgetary experience of managing £2m+.
- Experience of multiple IT disciplines including service delivery, IT operations, project management, document and knowledge management, information security and systems architecture.
- Exceptional communication diplomacy, negotiations, influencing and conflict mediation skills.
- Broad understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems.
- Good understanding of GDPR and information security risks and mitigations.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft technologies including Azure.
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French and/or Spanish highly desirable.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), attractive salary, pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.