ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a highly passionate and motivated Digital Marketing Assistant to support the Digital Engagement team at Amnesty International, International Secretariate in London. This role is crucial in helping Amnesty grow and engage with its supporters across the globe.
You'll be joining the Digital Engagement team working across countries where Amnesty doesn't have its physical presence, making the role even more exciting and open to testing innovative acquisition and engagement tactics. In the team, you'll be directly supporting the Digital Marketing Officer in strategizing, executing, and analysing paid promotion of our campaigns on social media. Thanks to your knowledge, we'll be able to steadily acquire new supporters and members that build our global movement of millions.
As part of the Digital Engagement Team you'll be supporting our campaigns, across multiple digital channels, to acquire new members and supporters in countries where Amnesty International does not have a local office (called International Members) - predominantly within the Africa, South Asia, MENA, Eastern Europe and Central Asia and Central America region.
The role will be assisting the Digital Marketing Officer in implementing paid media acquisition campaigns across a variety of thematic issues.
The post will also be responsible for maintaining all digital marketing reporting, creating and setting up advertising campaigns, , ensuring insights and learnings are shared across the wider movement, plus supporting in social media listening to better understand our audience.
- Support Digital Marketing Officer in running spreadsheet reports monitoring live results of the advertising campaigns
- Prepare and write .ppt campaign report presentations for the movement (e.g. successful tests, tactics and insights)
- Support Digital Marketing Officer in creating advertising content and setting up advertising campaigns on relevant platforms
- Work with the Digital Marketing Officer to optimise our existing acquisition channels like Google Paid and Grants (Search, Display, YouTube), Facebook (Instagram included) as well as look for new ways of acquisition and engagement online
- Support Digital Marketing Officer in developing new propositions that cost-efficiently acquire new supporters and members, across various thematic campaigns by creating appealing ad copies and high-quality visual assets
- Analyse user comments on our paid channels and using audience insights to optimise our online communications.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Officer to conduct social listening to understand audience segments and improve media planning across target regions and countries.
- Analyse and report back on insights and share with the movement to drive campaign strategies and develop audience personas in our key International Members markets.
- Maintain project plans and calendars on forthcoming campaigns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with social media marketing, PPC advertising and other digital engagement tactics.
- Experience in implementing Facebook and Google Network adverts or promoted posts.
- Adept in using tools such as Excel, Google Sheets and Data Studio for reporting.
- Experience in creating visually appealing PowerPoint or Google Slides presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in writing social media copy or advertising copy as well as creating and adapting visual content for social media assets (knowledge of any creative software like Photoshop or Canva will be a bonus).
- Experience in using social listening tools, such as Brandwatch or CrowdTangle to improve campaign content and develop audience personas.
- A desire to learn and progress a career in digital marketing
- Ability to speak fluent English. Additional languages like Spanish or Russian would be a bonus.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.