This role will lead the Central Finance team of the International Secretariat of Amnesty International ("the Secretariat"), including the financial accounting, payroll, financial governance, finance systems, treasury and accounts payable functions.
Reporting to Chief Finance Officer this role will be responsible for recruitment, training, development and motivation of the Central Finance Team to deliver on its agreed objectives.
The finance department consists of two teams:
- Central Finance - Responsible for financial accounting, payroll, governance, finance systems, treasury, accounts payable, procurement and statutory reporting
- International Finance - Responsible for the consolidated financial information of the Secretariat and its 70 global partners to ensure effective planning, control and monitoring of global income and review of global resource allocation; financial information and analysis of the programmes of work undertaken by the Secretariat
The IS Finance department ensures accountability of funds donated and granted to Amnesty International, from effective resource allocation, to reporting to donors on project spend, to assisting in global income growth. We have a responsibility to maximise the effectiveness of our funding to further the cause of improving human rights globally.
Key responsibilities below and more detail provided in the job description attached.
- Financial Accounting and Control
- Regional and Overseas Offices
- Accounts Payable
Skills and Experience:
- CCAB qualified with supporting professional training
- Team leadership, including planning, delegation, review, coaching, performance improvement and team building
- Strong financial accounting and control experience, including development and implementation of organization-wide financial policies and experience of managing the production of statutory accounts
- Experience in working in an international organisation (preferred)
- Experience of problem solving in a finance context with the ability to identify barriers to success and, alternative approaches
- Treasury experience or detailed understanding, including foreign exchange risk management
- Experience in effective communication to senior management including presentation of financial information to Boards or similar
- Experience in project management including liaison with senior stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Competency in other languages advantageous
- Systems experience:
- Excel: intermediate - essential, advanced - desirable
- Dynamics 365 (preferred)