ABOUT THE ROLE
As the International Movement Accountant at Amnesty International based in London you will play a key part in the delivery of consolidated global financial reporting to the Amnesty International Movement. To achieve best results, you will work with finance teams within 70 national entities and programme experts within the IS to ensure that we provide accurate and informative analysis to support effective decision making.
You will also be responsible for reviewing grant requests from our national entities and providing support to senior colleagues to make grant decisions. This will involve significant organisation and teamwork.
Finally, you will get involved in ad hoc project to support the International Finance Team's aim to ensure excellent financial management across the Amnesty International Movement. In a nutshell, this role will require you to be versatile, adaptable and will guarantee that no two days are the same.
The facilitation of better decision making across the Amnesty global movement, through:
- the reporting and analysis of Amnesty's consolidated global financial information through the global management accounts and support on other reporting when necessary
- supporting the financial management of the AI operational grant budget and advising on effective allocation of resources to funded entities
- providing ad hoc advice to finance colleagues in sections, regarding both consolidated reporting and technical accounting queries.
- working with non-finance colleagues across Amnesty to support the creation and design of reports which include financial information.
CCAB qualified or qualified by experience, you will have proven experience delivering quality financial analysis and reporting and an understanding of the needs of large global organisations operating in multiple currencies. You are a personable individual who works well with others and will particularly enjoy working with finance staff in overseas locations including relationship building, explaining financial information clearly and concisely and empathising with others.
You have excellent communication skills and can influence across function, culture and level of seniority. You will conduct yourself professionally with peers and management. You will have experience of using accounting software and an ability to learn new systems and processes, as well as intermediate Excel skills.
We are looking for somebody well organized, efficient and resourceful, who will take pride in working for Amnesty International and will take the initiative to improve the status quo and deliver quality results to agreed deadlines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Strong experience in financial analysis and interpreting data
- Practical experience of financial reporting and interpreting reports
- Experience of dealing with finance and non-finance staff, including in overseas locations (including relationship building, explaining financial information clearly and concisely, empathising with others requirements)
- Comfortable maintaining an accounting system (Longview)
- Language skills preferred (French, Spanish)
- Systems experience - Intermediate excel (essential), SUN, Q&A, Microsoft D365, Longview (desirable)
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.