Are you able to influence, support and steer cross-organisationally to strengthen Amnesty International's ability to deliver global campaigns and achieve human rights impact? Do you want to be the person who helps drive the team's projects responsible for Amnesty's next Flagship Campaign on the Right to Protest and People's Movements?
The Project manager will support the implementation of Amnesty International's Flagship Campaign on the Right to Protest and People's Movements aims to ensure all people can take peaceful action and make their voices heard safely and without repercussions. Provide strategic, operational and technical support to the Global Campaigns team to implement their projects and plans. Design and deliver tailored support packages to prioritised projects to help them achieve campaign objectives. Deliver specialised support and capacity building in project strategy and planning, reporting and evaluation. Please see the attached job description for more information on the required responsibilities, skills, and experience.
An organised, methodical project manager with substantial experience managing and supporting the timely delivery of cross-organisational projects for a large organisation. You will have a very good knowledge of project management methodology and practices. You will be comfortable ensuring colleagues understand and respect set timelines and deliverables and effectively manage project slippages as part of a project team. You will have a proven track record in delivering projects on time and progress according to the agreed timelines.
- Provide leadership, overall management and delivery of priority projects - including setting clear objectives, timeframes and KPIs for these projects and ensuring integrated planning.
- Manage inter-dependencies across teams and entities, scheduling work and priorities appropriately.
- Lead on building relationships and communicate effectively across stakeholders - including at senior level - resulting in a commitment to and understanding of the overarching plans and requirements of the wider project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant experience and a successful track record of project management in a complex organisation from concept to delivery (qualification in Project Management desirable).
- Excellent political judgment and interpersonal skills with a wide range of stakeholders, including at senior level, and including the ability to negotiate and influence and build and maintain cooperative relationships.
- An ability to make quick and confident decisions or recommendations, ensuring projects do not stall even in complex environments.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where all enjoy human rights. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through influential research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
Benefits include 37 days of annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), a pension scheme, an employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world, then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.