ABOUT THE ROLE
The second line Service Desk Analyst's role is to provide technical level support to all AI end users, assist the First Lines to troubleshoot issues and to escalate promptly to the Systems Administration team as required to meet SLA.
The IT department provides all IT services to the International Secretariat and Sections. The services supported include Windows desktop, the full suite of Office 365 applications including Outlook, SharePoint & Teams, Finance and HR systems. The department supports approximately 700 users distributed in 16 offices around the globe.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Team player
- Commits to learning and being the best through continual learning and development
- Shows consistent integrity, trust and fairness and embraces equality and diversity
- Support the AI end users with desktop and desktop service related issues
- Technical troubleshooting of tickets escalated from 1st line.
- Resolve tickets and escalate incidents in align with SLAs.
- Assist the System Administration team and take responsibility of some lower level administration tasks handed down by them.
- Assist the service desk manager in identifying problems from recurring or multiple tickets.
- Ensure the IT Department's clients are always communicated to effectively.
- Keep users up to date with the status of their issues and ensure calls are resolved to the satisfaction of the user before calls are closed.
- Support the configuration and administration of the Service Desk system (Jira)
- Substantial experience as a 2nd line IT service desk engineer or equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge of service management frameworks (ITIL Foundation)
- MCDST or equivalent experience
REQUIRED SKILLS & APTITUDE
- Technically highly competent.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to accurately convey technical information.
- Ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting of technical issues
- High level understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking and network troubleshooting.
- Intermediate understanding of Windows Scripting and PowerShell.
- Very good understanding of Group Policy and Active Directory.
- Good understanding of Information Security principles.
- Experience of working with and ideally configuring Service Desk Management tools
- Enterprise Service Desk tools - Jira or equivalent
- Windows desktop operating system environments (Windows 10)
- Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft SCCM provisioning and troubleshooting.
- Office 365 and Microsoft Office products
- VoIP telephony
- Mobile Device Management - InTune
- Adobe Creative Suite