- N.B. This is a consultancy position
- Salary quoted above is the full time equivalent, this is a part time role and your salary will be pro rata of the amount stated above
- Position is 3 days a week for 6 months
- You MUST be have the right to work in Thailand
The video producer role involves creating on-site social videos for our various outputs and social channels including Instagram & Facebook. The goal is to boost our audiences online and digital engagement through creative compelling video that speaks to human rights issues of the day.
Fast punchy script writing (in English) that distils the essence of a story and Amnesty's added value in short form videos. Speed, creativity and the news cycle are priorities. Sourcing content, clearing consent and copyright are key elements. Additional language skills (Burmese, Vietnamese or Thai) desirable.
Collaborative working and efficient stakeholder management across a global organisation while driving the reactive process forward to meet deadlines is key. The role would suit a digital native with experience in a fast-paced, creative environment, particularly those with a background in news or social media.
- Write (mainly in English) and edit compelling and informative human rights video content for our social media channels.
- Identify trending topics and distil information to craft regular short form videos.
- Working with country teams and communication colleagues to identify stories to develop
- Fact-checking to ensure all content is on point and on brand, and that assets used are either fully cleared or credited in accordance with Amnesty International video guidelines
- Reediting existing video content in a variety of dimensions
- Collaborate with team members across our organisation and ensure all content is reviewed by the relevant Amnesty stakeholders
- Schedule the production of video content including picture research, copyright, duplication and updates and distribution to the movement
- Ensure all original Amnesty International material is logged - specifically supporting the development of Amnesty's digital asset management system - ADAM.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Additional language skills (Burmese, Vietnamese or Thai) highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation skills with the ability to involve multiple stakeholders in video productions.
- Excellent video editing skills using Adobe Premiere with After Effects experience desirable
- Comprehensive grasp of media law (particularly copyright), ethical considerations regarding video or audio recording of individuals and licensing content.
- Ability to handle tight deadline pressures
- Post-production speed and dexterity essential.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.